COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Fun Little Makeover...

I admit to some cabin fever right now...I am starting to surround myself with some springtime in the house!  This week I had fun with a little makeover project...

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

It started with this little stool from Yugoslavia, found at the thrift store.  Such a cute size and I love the legs.  There was nothing special about the finish and it was a perfect candidate for a little makeover...

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces


I used two colors of  DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish paint... 
Vintage (my new favorite color) for the body and Everlasting for some accent decoration.

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

I gave the piece 2 light coats of Vintage, and then decided to give it a little decoration.  I accented the leg elements with a little of the Everlasting paint, and also painted along the top edge. When dry, I distressed it with a sanding block, and a damp paper towel.  Finally, I sealed it with a coat of American clear wax.  It's so easy to use.

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

I love how it turned out!
(You can get a peek of the white paint going into our entryway now, too)

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

It's going to be fun to use in so many ways...

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

I found this lovely little covered hen on nest at the same store that day...

stool makeover Itsy Bits And Pieces

I am a blogger for DecoArt and was provided products used in this project.  All opinions are my own.


Until next time...

17 comments

  1. Cute little stool, LInda. It really needed paint!!!! Congrats on the shop-I hope it goes really well xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Love the cute stool. The color is so pretty. Congrats on the shop. You have some cute things for sale. Love those valet hangers how sweet are those and that cloth tape measure is cool too. Great treasures for sale.
    Have a great start to the new week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stool, Linda - and the colors and distressing are fabulous! Can you buy this brand of chalk paint at Michaels or Hobby Lobby? I have the same hen, but it's all white. I've never seen one like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy it at both of those places...and I've bought it in the paint department at Home Depot, too. Goes a long way and is imexpensive, especially with a coupon!

      Delete
  4. I will have to try Vintage! Looks like a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet bunny dish! Those little stools are so handy to have and you did a nice makeover.
    Happy Sunday.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful makeover on the stool ~ loved the colors you used!
    Congrats on your new adventure ~ hope everything goes well for you!
    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking about adding a touch of spring around my house, your little stool turned out great. I have a stool and a hamper in my bathroom that would benefit from some pretty paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've chosen the perfect paint color to paint that cute little stool, Linda. It looks like spring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love the the color you chose for the stool. It's perfect for displaying your rusty box and that fabulous clock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little piece of furniture, love what you did with it. The little hen is absolutely beautiful, soo sweet! Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Vintage color is pretty cool! I have some of the Everlasting in my arsenal, but need to get some more colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect paint color to add a little spring to your house. I love it. You can never go wrong with a cute little stool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out so cute, Linda!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that cute little stool. It reminds me of a milking stool. The color you chose for it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, you make it
    look oh-so-easy! Love
    that blue color ~ it's
    a lot like the dresser
    in my bedroom, even
    the finish : )

    Hope you are staying
    cozy! Spring is on the
    way, next week.....

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, I am catching up on visiting and want to send you best wishes on your new venture! Love the stool makeover and that little chicken... my Mother had a collection of those, but my sisters threw them away! Bad sisters! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!