COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Fun Find...A Simple Entryway Seating Area...

Well, I am still working on painting projects! This week I found a nice little bench at the thrift store.  It had been painted white, 
but had a discolored look from all of the areas 
where the wood stain had come through the paint.  

entryway seating Itsy Bits And Pieces

We have been re-doing our large entryway with fresh paint and decorating.  This bench is the perfect size for seating as you first come into the space.  I decided to use some of my Americana Chalky Finish paint in the Relic shade...it reminds me of a chalkboard color.  I did a single coat, allowing a little of the white to show through, and finished it with clear wax.  
It looks perfect against the new paint colors in the room!

entryway seating Itsy Bits And Pieces

It makes a great place to set packages, or to sit down and remove your boots! Don't you love it when you find something 
that is just what you need for a space?

entryway seating Itsy Bits And Pieces

We are working on the larger section of the space and I'll be sharing all of it when we have finished.  It is so much fresher and brighter now! 



Some fun news...

On Tuesday evening, I'll be joining the ladies over at the Vintage Inspiration party as a guest host!   I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope you'll join us!






Until next time...

19 comments

  1. Such a cute entry way and your bench looks so great with its new coat of paint! Can you pretty please share what is the gray paint color on your wall? I loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is Edgecombe Gray from Benjamin Moore...it is a greige color, and depending on the light can look gray or more beige. We have it in our kitchen, too. Our living room is one shade darker- Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.

      Delete
  2. Love the hands in the entryway! Feel like I should be raising my own hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fresh grey tones, very pretty. And your entry way looks so clean and uncluttered. Hmmmm as I sit here, I can see the pine bench that my Dad made me, it's clear stained...but I can imagine it in a grey tone.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEE-u-tiful! I'm with Jen:) eyeing a wooden bench and thinking...do I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't benches the best! I've been painting my bedroom today and my back is so sore....looks fresher. Now I need to find a new bedspread, lamps, rugs and wall art...guess that means shopping!
    Off to grandgirl's volleyball game. Looks like our spring has come back!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Linda! The new color is perfect, too. Your bench and the area you are using it in reminds me of the one I (finally) found for our small entry. It is quite narrow, which I wanted for being behind the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! It looks as if you had it custom made for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look so pretty!
    I like the paint color...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks perfect, Linda! What a cozy and welcoming space :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bench, Linda! I will have to check out the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, Linda, it works beautifully in the space.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when I finally locate a perfect piece of furniture. Love your sweet bench. See ya at the party tonight:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, I love the bench, and this whole space!! Pinning! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I need one just like it for my tiny mudroom, but I haven't found one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is so gorgeous...... and I just especially LOVE that large hand with the writing on it. What a welcome :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!