COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

The Bachman's Fall Ideas House Part One...


Last week we went to the Bachman's Fall Ideas House in Minneapolis!  This is the third seasonal house this year~ I have done a series of posts from the spring and summer houses~ there are links on my sidebar, if you would like to visit those, too!  I am breaking this house into two posts~ general decorating ideas, and the second post will be fun seasonal ideas!  I had some camera trouble so all my photos did not turn out, but I was able to get lots of their creative ideas!  This big wall clock was in the dining room and was made of salvaged picket fence and metal pieces~ so graphic...


How about this fun family message center?


I LOVE how they used rolling pins to hang art!



Burlap coffee bags became easy graphic valances...


and this vintage file drawer became a soap holder with a hook for a guest towel.


Vintage washboards were used to deliver a message...


and old insulators were used for creative towel hooks!


Old gears, pulleys, etc, made fun wall art!


 In the living room, there was this fun bar made from a machine shop cabinet...


I love how they faced the shelves with old yardsticks!


They covered the fireplace wall with tar paper and wrote a fall poem in chalk!


 An old bed spring served as a great backdrop on which to clip artwork...


and look at this fun frame idea!


This creative take on a bus/subway sign, was my favorite idea!  I love how an old ladder was used as a display base for the signs...LOVE it!


Globes always make great graphic design pieces...



A pallet was used as a TV wall mount and storage...


and rolled newspapers make a funky table base!


The whimsical boy's room had an automotive theme~ look at this fun headboard...


Car door and window handles were fun on the dresser...


and the gas pump nozzle was a decorative hook!


One more idea... from the upstairs bathroom~ this big scale holding TP!


There were lots of fun and funky ideas in this house!  In my next post I'll share the whimsical seasonal ideas!
Until next time...
Linda

23 comments

  1. What classy ways to use found objects! They make it look easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL STUFF!!!

    Love it all and don't know where to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They always have the most unique ideas. My favorite is the hood head board. How neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Sure am glad you go...I forget to! I hope to make it soon, before they change it to Christmas:)
    Thanks for the prayers for daughter!
    Lots of great ideas... and I'm trying not to go "thrifting/shopping" as to get the house in order for the girlfriend weekend...
    Warmly,
    deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I ever glad that they don't mind you taking pictures! That place is chock full of great ideas, and I'm going to bookmark this post so that I can find it again. I can't wait to see all of the holiday ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you could hear my hands clapping! This weekend I was just thinking it must be about time for the Bachman's Fall Ideas House and here it appears before my eyes! Thank you for sharing all their wonderful ideas. I see they have used your clock-face idea on the wall behind the bar. Love the rolled newspapers - too many fun things to pick just one. Thanks again. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great ideas! Love that clock! Can't wait to see more. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome inspiration. I love that place, they have the cutest ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it when you take us on one of these tours! So many creative and wonderful ideas! I love the rolling pin picture hangers, and how they used the old insulators as a peg rack!!

    Thanks for taking us along!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited to see another post about the Bachman's Ideas House. It is always so much fun to see how they reuse everyday (and some not so everyday) objects. They didn't disappoint!
    Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing them with us.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great ideas. My favorite is the boxes nailed to the wall with globes and stuff in them. Oh, and the rolling pins holding artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most talented family! It took real patience to write that poem up there so neat and pretty. These people just amaze me!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these ideas and the photos. Thanks for sharing. My favorites are the wall art with pulleys and wheels as well as the bar. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't even know where to begin! I can't pick just one favorite. SO MANY cool ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep the pictures coming Linda!! :) Wish I could make it up to this...so many good ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was Tar Paper above the mantel? I thought it was chalkboard paint. So glad you are in-the-know! I bought one of those library drawers for my bathroom. We'll see how long it takes me to actually hang it! So glad I got to go see this house! Amazing! Can't wait to see what they do for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! those are some cool ideas. They are all so creative. Now I'll now what to do with my keyboard when I'm ready for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG LINDA!! These are so creative and fun!!! I am so glad I popped over to your blog!!! The towel rack is hysterical - they even left the price labels on. How funny!
    LOVE - can't wait to check everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found your blog recently and I just love it! I especially like your posts about the Bachman's Idea House. I never even heard of it before your blog (I live in Tennessee).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!