COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Ten Minute Project

This week I wanted to share the simplest little project...
it took ten minutes...but it made a nice change!


You may remember my cubby cabinet.  I bought it several years ago at a garage sale for $5.00.  I am sure it was most likely a garage piece, as it is made of plywood with a pine tongue and groove top and sides.  


A couple of years ago I painted the faceboards and side panels gray...
which dressed it up considerably.


My next project was inspired by a recent thrift store find.  
I found these old stencils in a grab bag in the office/craft area.  
Those little numbers sparked my imagination...


With the stencil, and some dark gray craft paint, I numbered the cubbies!  I wasn't too careful, just held it in place while I worked and put it on lightly so it wouldn't look like new paint.  I was going from side to side, and once put the wrong number on...but wiped it off with a wet paper towel, and kept on going. 


I think the numbers give it a little personality!





Don't you love a quick and easy project?
Have you used numbers around the house?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

Until next time...

7 comments

  1. The numbers definitely give it personality- I love numbers on anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a fun touch---great place to stash 'lost' things...lol. As we call those items misplaced by someone other than themselves. Very cute and completely vintage looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever girl. :):) I love it. , Linda. It looks more industrial . The things you can do with that cubby find. And the old stencils. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun touch for a unique piece! Are you going to be putting anything in the cubbies, or leaving as is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Linda! That would be a great place to put wine bottles or linen napkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the numbers add that extra something, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!