A Fun Guest Post From Design Shuffle...

Today I am happy to welcome Design Shuffle for a guest post!  Design Shuffle is a wonderful online community full of inspiration from interior designers, trade professionals and those interested in design!  If you haven't visited their website, blog, and facebook page, you are in for a treat...enjoy!


Hi, I’m Joanna, a writer for Design Shuffle, an online portal for all things interior design. I spend my days scouring the internet finding the most beautiful images of homes and sharing them with readers on
blogs like Itsy Bits And Pieces. Thanks for letting me share some vintage spaces today! Children’s rooms are the perfect place to decorate with vintage finds. Old signage, beds, vintage fabrics and antique toys play nicely with some of today’s furnishings. Take a look at some of the vintage kids' rooms we found. Hopefully, you’ll find yourself inspired by these decorating ideas.

Vintage Kids Room

An antique wooden bed and vintage bedding work nicely along with other vintage finds, such as the buffer-c sign and an old toy stove.

Vintage Kids Room

An old metal bed gives this room a touch of nostalgia. Vintage toys line the walls in the background.

Vintage Kids Room

A retro modern room with vintage games is the perfect room for the boys. An art deco dresser sits off to the side.

Vintage Kids Room

Another metal bed (this time in blue) gives the room a cheerful pop of color. Vintage wallpapers line the walls and there are vintage linens on the bed.

Vintage Kids Room

Twin beds make for a fun bedroom design accented with a vintage art gallery wall. Lots of fun accessories finish off the décor.

Vintage Kids Room

Vintage Barbie fashion plates give this room a sense of style. The tufted bed in pink gives this space another kick of glamour. These bedroom design ideas are both girly and reminiscent of the past.

Vintage Kids Room

A corner play space is filled with vintage toys and unexpected finds to thrill the child in all of us. The alphabet cutouts are super cool, as is the comfy geometric rug.

Vintage Kids Room

An antique crib is the centerpiece of this lovely vintage room just waiting to inspire lots of interior design ideas for parents in waiting. An old horse and stroller add a touch of nostalgia to the room.

Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Aren't these vintage kids' rooms adorable? For even more design inspiration, head on over to Design Shuffle where you can connect with San Francisco interior designers, Boston interior designers, and more!

A BIG thanks to Joanna and Design Shuffle for the fun inspiration!

Until next time...

17 comments

  1. What a great site! Can't wait to subscribe. And I love the look of your blog Linda. Beautiful!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring! I'm off to visit their site.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda!
    This is a Brilliant Idea! What a Great Post with some Fun Idea's.Thank you for Sharing!
    Thank You for Your Visit and Sweet Congratulations.It has been a Amazing Week and I am so Very Grateful.
    Happy Friday!
    Hugs
    Jill
    Ps ( If You Haven't Entered Already)I am having a Little Giveaway..You should Put your Name in the Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh LOVING IT!
    Some of these are my favorite shots that I have in my inspiration files.
    How great is that first one!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, you know what? In my google reader it took your words and placed them all crazy---some on the sides of your pictures and then some under the pictures. I find this frustrating and on my nannykim-nannykim blog it does the same only all the time even on my home page if I use html to place my pictures on a post. This started when the new blogger stuff started. Ah well! I love those little homemade stuffed animals/people things on the scoopy chair---really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so inspired by this beautiful post. Thank you visiting my blog today Linda..I am off to become one of your followers..I can tell from this first visit that much time will be spent here. Have a lovely weekend!! Thanks so much!
    Lemay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm hopping on over there soon!

    Happy I found your blog, it's terrific!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am gonna pop by that site. How cute! Aren't those little stuffed animals fun? Great post- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, we must both be night owls LOL! I loved those kids rooms, the vintage Barbie was my favorite. I have trouble selling kids stuff in my booth, I think it would be so cool to add just a bit of vintage to a kids room even if you did not do the whole thing in vintage!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wayyyy to fun!!! I love all the decorating ideas! They're fantastic!! XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I am your newest follower! When I came to your blog, I saw your banner and immediately fell inlove!

    Why don't you hop on over my blog sometime? www.bellabliss.blogspot.com

    Ciao Bella!

    Bella Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post! I am so glad you introduced us to her. Now I am off to visit her site!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very inspiring post and it was so fun to see the eclectic mix of vintage and new in the children's rooms. I have some of those Barbie prints ... I think I need to bring them front and center. I'm off to read more from Design Shuffle.
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for following and commenting!

    Ciao Bella!

    Bella Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! I hope that your 2012 is off to a great start! Happy Saturday!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed this post very much. I loved the vintage Barbie.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!