COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

Winter at the lake...


As I write this, I am at our family's lakehome.  It is a very different place in the winter!  In the summer, it is all about the lake- you want to be outdoors and on the water all the time.  In the winter, it is more about our home.  Everything is buried under several feet of snow- you can barely see the tops of the patio chairs, and the lake itself is covered with ice and snow.  Snowmobiling or ice fishing is occasionally seen, but for the most part it is quiet and we tend to hibernate.  It becomes more about hanging out together indoors- watching football and movies, playing air hockey, darts, video and board games, and sharing meals- its a cozy time.  The lake is a place where we have decorated in a way that lends itself to that coziness- lodge style.  Our everyday home is done in a cottage style, so it has been fun to explore something new and use pieces I had collected over the years.  It is a work in progress, but I'll share some pics of some of my favorites in the next few posts.  Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
 


4 comments

  1. I love your style! I've been thinking about something like this for our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! So lovely and peaceful in the winter.

    I love your idea with the hangers and photos in one of your previous posts. Very clever!!

    Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your kind comment!

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have a lakehouse, what a dream. I'll bet you have some excellent times in the summer there. You cabin style is perfect for hot cocoa & games by the fire. Did you see I stole your hanger idea in my studio! I should have given you credit for inspiration. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't believe you have grandchildren!
    I love your lake house. My father-in-law is from Minnesota and grew up living at his family's cabin by the lake. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!