COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

Getting Ready For Christmas...






This week I am starting to do the indoor decorating! Its always fun to open the boxes and rediscover all the goodies collected over many years! I really love the colors and charm of vintage ornaments and decorations. Some years I decorate everything- this year I am sticking to trees, garlands, and wreathes and just decorating out a few smaller areas- a mantle top, and a few decorations set out here and there. I especially love the lighting at this time of year and love to just use the white lights to light up the living room- no lamps needed. It has a such a dreamy, romantic feel. We do our tree in vintage- we have a Christmas girl porcelain bell that was on my husband's grandmother's tree, a 50's ornament from my parent's tree, ornaments from our first tree 37 years ago, along with a tree full of ornaments from the 1930's- 1950's that I have collected. There are also very special creations my children made in kindergarten- a macaroni tree and clothespin soldiers, and a set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves ornaments from a trip to Disneyland 20 years ago. Every ornament has a story or memory!

1 comment

  1. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful!!! Have fun decorating


    Athena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!