COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

Fun Finds and a Finished Project

I have a few fun thrift store finds to share with you this week! 
Vintage wood bowls are something I never pass by...

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

I found three this week!  They aren't perfect...cracked and worn...and I don't care.

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

I love to use them to hold pine cones, fall leaves, winter greens, 
old ornaments, plants...whatever strikes my fancy.

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

I love the wood tones.

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

And I found this fun cookie jar this week!  
Most in this line are elves...this one is a mischievous clown.  
Looks like he would be stealing the cookies.
In this photo, it is sitting on the cabinet re-do that I shared in my last post.

Thrift Store Finds- Itsy Bits And Pieces

Last week I finished that project with the wall pot rack I planned.

Pot Rack project - Itsy Bits And Pieces

These racks were inexpensive at IKEA and I particularly love 
the closed hook system, so the hooks won't pull off the rack.
We used masonry screws in the brick to provide strength.

Pot Rack project - Itsy Bits And Pieces

Pot Rack project - Itsy Bits And Pieces

I have added a few more pieces since I took these photos...
this project really has added some much needed storage!

Before I go...you might have noticed on my sidebar that I have reopened 
my Etsy Shop!  I'll be adding lots more in the days to come! 
If there is anything you are looking for, be sure to let me know...
I may have it and am happy to do custom orders!
I hope you'll stop by!


Itsy Bits And Pieces Etsy Shop


Until next time...

19 comments

  1. Linda, I really like the pot rack, and those hooks are great. I do not have enough cabinet space for many things. I would love a pantry, but I have always dreamed of a pot rack over an island in my kitchen...now if I could just find the space. :):) This is a clever idea . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cookie jar looks almost evil! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wood bowls are great! Clowns creep me out, lol, but good find on the cookie jar! Love the pot rack! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that cookie jar is both cute and weird! Love the pots. I have all my pots in the dishwasher, as I don't use either. I don't have any wood bowls, but love the patina.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Munising bowl was made in a town about 60 miles from me in Michigan. They are quite collectible locally and sell from $25.00- to $65.00 depending on size and condition. They came in salad bowl size to huge ( rare and very expensive). They also made rolling pins, salad serving pieces. Some were hand painted in the factory with pinecone, fruits and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wood bowls and Mr. Clown looks very naughty! Lol. Your spot is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother used a wooden bowl (Munising) along with a single blade, single handle Mezzaluna to chop onions and celery, I have it and still use them with the same purpose and think about how we used it when we made stuffing for Thanksgiving or onions for spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wood bowls those are a great find. Love the pot hanger. Have a great new week Lina.
    xoox
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love!
    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wood bowls are beautiful - that's something I never see around here. Do you oil them with something?

    The clown cookie jar is creepy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wood bowls are beautiful, Linda. I wouldn't have passed them up either. Your pot rack looks great. Having closed hooks must be very practical.
    Have a wonderful week!
    xo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new potrack!!! What character it adds to the kitchen! And those wooden bowls are awesome! Clowns, however.....they give me the heebee jeebies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those old wooden bowls! And the pot rack is perfect over your newly painted hutch. I am loving the arched doorways in your kitchen - what character! You need to show us more of your beautiful house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love old wood dough bowls too. You found some great ones with patina.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're going to have fun filling those bowls for seasonal decor and love the pot rack!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wood bowls are fabulous. I would be thrilled to find those. Love the pot rack. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE those bowls Linda and I just know you will be filling them with amazing treasures!

    The cookie jar.... well.... I am not a fan of clowns .... so I think he'd scare me away from the biscuits.... which is probably a good thing!

    I love everything else though ;) The pans look great above your dresser.


    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your wooden bowls, Linda - I only have one, but I love it. The pot racks look wonderful - like a French kitchen, especially with the beautiful arched doorways you have! My sister would be horrified to see that cookie jar - she is terrified of clowns - haha! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!