COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

The 2017 Bachman's Spring Ideas House Tour

I had my knee replacement surgery a couple of days ago, but I was able 
to prepare some posts for you while I am recuperating.   
It's a good time to share my recent visit to 
the 2017 Bachman's Spring Idea House tour!  It was so wonderful 
to spend a little time surrounded by spring decor and plants!






If it is your first time seeing an Ideas House tour, Bachman's is a long standing home, floral, and garden business with several branches in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.  Three times a year they hold an Ideas House in what was a 1920's era Bachman's family home on the flagship property in Minneapolis.  Their designers transform the house seasonally to showcase new trends, some vintage, and repurposed items...and nearly everything is for sale in the house, or the retail stores. $1 from each $5 ticket from this house goes to Minneapolis Institute of Arts~ Friends of the Institute.  So let's get started in the front porch!
The theme for this Ideas House is "Urban Farmhouse"...









Let's go inside...


One side of the living room is set up as an office area...









The sunroom is always a cheery place...





I love the brick-look wallpaper from Hirshfield's!



These wonderful vintage screen doors are from a stable
 and make a great backdrop!







The permanent cabbage leaf placemats add a touch of whimsy...




In the kitchen...
Who wouldn't want a shelf over a farmhouse sink?
With an herb garden, perhaps? 



Trays were used to organize kitchen areas...


The niche in the kitchen wall was transformed with a wall clock and pendulum kit.  It looks like a grandfather clock with a bit of a Swedish twist, to me!


One of my favorite ideas in this house...and it was in several rooms...was the use of Benjamin Moore Chalkboard Paint (HC-168 Chelsea Gray).  The color was unexpected for chalkboard paint, and they decorated it in many ways!






Feel free to pin this and share !


I hope you enjoyed part one of the tour and found a little spring inspiration!  
Next week I'll share the fun upstairs areas!

Until next time...

20 comments

  1. Love that Craftsman style fireplace, and the birdhouses in the windows. Pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS usual a super fun tour! Creativity abounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you already had your surgery, Linda! I hope you're surviving the first few days which I know are the hardest. Thank you for thinking ahead and putting together this blog post for us. So many clever ideas to take in, but I love the farmhouse lighting over the stove and the feature wall with those fabulous screen doors.

    You'll be in my thoughts and I wish you a speedy recovery and some sunshine, too.
    xo, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, It sounds like your taking the knee surgery like a woman! Which means you are strong! I loved this tour of the house. I feel enthusiastic this morning after studying all the fabulous new ways to use antiques. I am head over heels for the fireplace display. That is clever! ~Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great ideas--I love the tool shed spot and the rustic touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful place to explore; it must generate a lot of visitors and customers. All the best to you for a trouble-free recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing what you photograph from this every season! Good luck on the recuperating.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. everthing is amazing as usual, thanks for sharing it all with us. hope you're doing well, take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This might be my very favorite Bachman Idea House. Love the colors and all the beautiful touches. I'm going to go back and pin a bunch of these because they are too pretty to forget.

    Linda, rest and let your family treat you right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never would have been able to get me out of that place! SO many great farmhouse ideas, and such natural elements that pull it all together. Wish we had that event where I live! Hope your recuperation is going smoothly! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are getting along well. Enjoyed the tour. There is a lot of inspiration in the Bachman House.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda- These posts are always some of my favorites anywhere. I always set them aside and come back to study them when I have more time. There is just so much to see that I want to make sure I don't miss stuff when I am scrolling through. Great post- Happy Sunday to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing your tours of this house. Lots of beautiful things to look at and great decorating ideas! I've been thinking about you...I can't imagine what you're going through right now as far as pain/immobility/frustration with knee replacement. Even just arthroscopic was (and still is) frustrating enough! Healing prayers to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think my favorite things this round, besides seeing flowers and greenery, are the bell lights toward the end, and that big cow on the hearth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing your tour! It was breathtaking! Best wishes for a swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always love these Bachman House tours, Linda! I love the screen doors used as a backdrop and the chicken wire hanging lamps over the stove! Actually, I love everything and need to come back to study it all again. Hope your recovery isn't too painful and that the worst of it is behind you. I'll be thinking of you. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha the cow on the hearth made me smile and with the pail underneath;)

    So much to take in and be inspired by.... thank you for sharing :)

    Hope you make a super speedy recovery from your surgery

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda I so look forward to these every time that you post them. So many cool ideas. I really need to get my painting done so I can finish decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are well on the road to recuperation Linda and that you'll feel so much better once your leg finishes healing. Thanks for sharing the beautiful spring house tour again this year - it's lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the rake head with the flower jars. It's all so pretty and inspirational though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!