COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Fun Project...Farmhouse Style Galvanized and Wood Organizer

This week my husband and I worked together on a fun project!





 Whenever I am thrifting, I always look for
 random pieces that can be used for projects! 
The price is right and you never know what you'll find...



Recently, I found a large galvanized feed/utility pan...three gallon size...that I thought would be perfect for creating a tiered organizer. It was in the hardware/auto area. You can also find these at hardware and feed stores very inexpensively.  I picked up a smaller size in the pet and farm animal area 
of Mills Fleet Farm here...$2.89.  Large pans were $3.89!



I decided to use some wooden pieces I have gathered from thrift stores, too.  
The base is a sturdy wood piece with decorative ball feet.



On top of that, a wide wooden candleholder...


We drilled a hole in the base, and in the bottom of the candleholder 
to connect them, then added two more screws.




Next a hole was drilled in the large pan 
and it was put onto a double ended dowel screw.




Next I needed the middle support.  I had a wood spindle, 
but you can see there was a color difference.


Adding some light and dark brown wax did the trick...


 The smaller pan was lighter weight, so we added a couple of wood discs 
on top of the spindle under the small pan, for more support.




The smaller pan was new, so I coated it with apple cider vinegar
 to take down the shiny finish.  I just let it sit for a few hours, 
but overnight would take it down even more.




Another old wood finial was used as the final piece...connected with a dowel screw, through the smaller pan to the wood spindle.


This is a large piece, useful in so many ways~
kitchen/bathroom storage, or for a craft room.  
You can make smaller versions, even single level stands...
and candleholders and wood pieces can be married with paint, too.
Tiered and pedestal stands and organizers are very popular right now, 
and I love the industrial farmhouse look of this one. 
They can be quite expensive to buy, and it's fun to create your own on a budget! 
I hope you are inspired to see what you can do!


Feel free to pin and share!

Farmhouse Style Galvanized Stand- Itsy Bits And Pieces


Until next time...

23 comments

  1. Very cool, Linda. You've combined all the best elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love making tiered stands, and yours turned out beautiful, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative, I just love how the stand turned out. I will be keeping my eyes open in a different way when I go to thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! I'm looking forward to make more styles!

      Delete
  4. Well, now...isn't that cute~!!! You married those pieces beautifully!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! I can only imagine all the fun you'll have filling it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Linda this is fabulous. Your creative mind is so great. You took these great pieces and made something fantastic. Love this!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm inspired for sure! This is awesome and I can't believe how inexpensive it was to make. Perfect piece! I think if I make one I will paint the wood parts with some left over chalk paint that I have here. Thanks for sharing Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius! You matched the wood stain perfectly on the painted spindle which really ties it all together. I love the combination of wood and metal in your tiered caddy! Great farmhouse accent piece and great teamwork, too! Thanks for sharing a clever idea and showing all the hardware you used to put it together, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Linda, You and your hubby did a fine job on that. I loved all the thrifty things you used. I can see it could be so useful in many areas of the home. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore tiered stands! This is a fabulous project! Thanks for sharing, Linda!

    Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, Linda! I love how easy it is to make and how pretty it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda

    Lovely repurpose! I'm all about repurposing as you know!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That tuned out really neat, Linda! Your new blog look is great too :)

    By the way, I had no idea you were moving. I hope it goes smoothly!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love tiered stands...and this one looks great! Loved seeing the process of how you made it :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a brilliant use of every day things, Linda, and so pretty and practical. Another great makeover.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to see the total cost of this DIY catch-all. Please let us know how much we would have to spend to copy this....it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The cost will vary depending on the parts used...every one is different. Most of my parts are thrift store pieces...I spent about $12.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!