COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Very Simple Project...More Merry...

I've been doing my decorating quite slowly this year, but I'm finished now and am enjoying the wonderful feeling the house gets when it's all dressed up.  A month ago, I injured my knee, which has SLOWED me down considerably.  So, I have been doing lots of small projects that don't require much walking, but are fun!  
This week I did a project that didn't take more than 10 minutes!


I used a back panel I saved from an old wooden chair that wasn't salvageable.  (I keep a little stash of pieces like that for projects.)  Using some metal letters and a couple of wooden game number pieces, I simply hot glued them in place...



A vintage bulldog clip is easy to attach and use for hanging, too...



It makes a very quick and easy project with 
the graphic statement I love so much...



I am enjoying taking my time and not putting stress or pressure on myself...remembering what Christmas is all about.

Thank you for your visits and comments on my last post...I so appreciate them!  I have had a few people ask me about the Bachman's Holiday Ideas House tour.  I am truly grateful you enjoy the tours!  I haven't been able to visit yet, but it's still  
open for another few weeks, so I am hoping to be 
walking well enough to get some photos before it's over!

Also, I will be sharing some photos from our Christmas decorating on December 13th, when I'll join Debra of Common Ground and Brenda from Cozy Little House when they host their 
Home For Christmas link party!


And finally, I'd love to have you join me over on my Instagram where I post as itsybitsandpieces
Most days I post photos of things you don't see here...
like this vintage rusty toy car!  


I'm always looking for fun feeds to follow, too...
so let me know if you are on there!

Until next time...


19 comments

  1. Linda!

    You always, always, always have the best ideas! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring with all you do!

    Happy day friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how this turned out!!! Such a beautiful blending of different items-so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your knee injury, hope you're feeling better and can make it to the Idea House soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your knee is feeling better. You certainly have made the most of your downtime though, adorable. I love your Instagram pics...I know your style immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't managed to get on Instagram yet. Too much to do! I'm like you, doing things slowly this year. Odd for me, but I'm enjoying it. I always love anything you do, because I know it will be unique and creative and totally you! Best wishes on your knee.(Your knee, my ankle...)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative! I am just starting my decorating and can't wait to hang some ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    Sorry about your knee. This is probably the worse time to have that going on. Hope you start to feel better. Love your reloved vintage Merry. So cute. I hope you do feel well enough to go to Bachmans I always love when you share it with us. Have a good weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely thing´s you have made...love the car!
    Have a great weekend, take care.
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea to use that beautiful architectural piece! Love it and that adorable old car, too!!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, Linda. I hope it heals up quickly so you can enjoy the season.

    Someday I'm going to have to update to a phone from this century so I can join Instagram. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the knee!!! Not a good time to be out of commission :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a sweet project, Linda. Hope the knee if feeling better.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique way to repurpose that chair back! You are always so crafty. Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand slowing down---take care of yourself first. Very cool Merry sign, love it, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your knee... hope you are soon better.

    I loved your chair back project.... it really made me smile :)

    as did that sweet car.... its perfect!

    Looking forward to the Bachmans tour if you do get to go....

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear you injured your knee...did you fall? I have a meniscus tear that requires surgery, but I'm trying to hold out until the end of Feb so that I won't be going to PT in the winter. Love your chair back project - you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super creative!! Sorry to hear about your knee...that's no fun! Feel better soon, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute reuse for an otherwise junk piece, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. I love the sign and the darling car.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!