COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Primitive Americana Sign Project...

I always enjoy a quick sign making project!  I'm never a perfectionist with them...just for fun!


I had an old wooden child's table top...the table was broken up many years ago and the top itself was in rough shape, too.  But I always thought the red color and primitive finish 
would be great for a sign!





I did a quick chalk drawing of the look I wanted...
it makes a fast pattern and is easily removable.


Then I simply painted it with some of my DecoArt
acrylic paints, and added some shading.  


When I was finished, I took it outside and distressed the sign a little to give the paint a look to match the old patina. 

And I still have the other side for another sign project later...



I am a member of DecoArt's Blogger Outreach program, and received product used in this project...all opinions are my own.

Until next time...


16 comments

  1. Love the phrase you chose, Linda, and it came out great! I'm a big fan of patriotic signs and yours is a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sign Linda! I love anything patriotic. Good job.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I really like the sign. It was so good that you had everything you needed already. Don't you love those kinds of projects. I have been thinking of an old canvas I could make into a sign. Thanks for the idea, you inspire me. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool project, and the board is a beauty to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it look so easy Linda! One of these days I'm going to have to try free-handing a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brain just doesn't work the same way as yours does - your creativity amazes me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great project! I love your sign...love Americana! Would love this to go with my quilts and samplers!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done Linda.... a really special piece :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That beat up table top was perfect for this sign. Love love love that layered red paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really looks nice, Linda! Love the sweet vignette, too! Great idea for using the old tabletop. Love it xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, it's so cute!
    Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinned it. Opps, I mean *saved* it, because I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!