COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

This and That...

It's been one of those weeks, with lots going on... 
so thought I'd share a little this and that with you!

The weather is finally so nice here...
what's a girl to do, but a little gardening?


We've been behind this year...I even have some beds still covered in fall leaves.  But yesterday I planted some flower boxes.  And I planted the raised beds...tomatoes, peppers, herbs...even some sweet potatoes.  We have such a shady yard that I have to plant where I can.  It's so nice to be outdoors...


We had several days of rain, too, so I also did some indoor projects.  If you've been reading my blog, you know my entryway is decorated in globes and maps right now.  


I put away the spring decorations and added a couple of little tin litho globes...I just noticed the one on the right is actually 
upside down!  How did I not see that before?


Dianne over at Deanie's Stash had a fun post about how to determine the age of vintage globes...
these two were made sometime between 1948-1953.


The box is a very simple little Re-Do Project 
that I did a couple of years ago... 


A quick update on the big chalkboard was next...


I worked on some sign painting this week, too.  Inspired by this Antique Sign on Pinterest
I used a "grocery" sign I had already painted, re-did a "welcome" sign from the thrift store, and put together this one! 



And finally...my favorite fun find of the week!  I found this framed piece of a 1930's Amish quilt from Indiana, in the thrift store.  It was labeled on the back of the frame.  I painted the gold frame, black, to highlight the piece.  It was made to hang this way, but I think it would look great hung diagonally, 
so you'd really see the design.  
You really never know what treasures await...


Well, that's a little of what I've been up to...
hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Until next time...

26 comments

  1. What a beautiful yard you have! A few days of rain sounds wonderful, but we mostly get a few drops of rain. You have been so productive! Love your new sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard with all the mature trees and lots of pretty shrubs is just gorgeous, Linda! It must be wonderful to spend time there. I love your globe collection and the little map box. Your signs look beautiful.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, everything looks great. Your gardens are green and lush. I can understand feeling behind. Sometimes it's just like that.

    I just love your entryway. I vividly remember those penny bank globes from when I was a kid.

    Thanks for your sweet comment about our pond. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love your globes ...lots ! My twins had little banks like that. We have funny stories of how Liz would say, Let's count our money, Karen would let her help and Liz would "charge " her a few pennies to help count. LOL. The map box is so darn cute. I do like the framed quilt square . I like the frame black too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! That Amish quilt is really special though.

    Gosh you have been busy in the garden..... we've had the same mixed bag of weather. Dull and cloudy here today.... I managed an hour or so at the allotment though.

    The upside down globe made me smile :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda I think decorating with maps and globes is so cute. I have been thinking about doing something like that too. I absolutely love the amish flower sign. And I happen to agree if you hang it up diagonally it will be more dramatic. I hope you can join us this weekend at Sweet Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed your post about the grocery sign, but I love it, and your yard is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy lady! Love your yard and your hallway decor is charming! Love globes, but that quilt is gorgeous! Great thrift shop find for sure.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just enjoyed a cup of tea
    with your update. Love
    stepping into your little
    corner of the world, Linda!
    Always fresh and cozy : )

    Happy Weekend,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing how people do their busy weeks, yet stay productive and on tasks with projects! You inspire me!
    These globes look great , I need to read up on the dating and age link. Your garden is lovely. I really love the sights!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hol smokes you've been busy as a bee!!!! How on earth do you find the time to get all that done?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, I think this may be the first time I've seen your garden and it is truly lovely! Love your globe collection, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, it has finally warmed up here too and I am trying to get out in my shady hard to pull weeds before I can plant. I love the globes and had started a collection too but my granddaughter asked for one.......what could I do???

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got a great globe collection, Linda! We had one of those metal ones when I was little. I'll have to hunt thru my mom's house to see if it's still there:) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you've been busy with all kinds of creative things despite the rain! I've been gardening in earnest since we've had lovely weather, but the rain is moving back in tomorrow, so guess I'll be fluffing my nest inside, too - though I'm not crafty like you are! I love seeing all the pretty things you make. I love the framed quilting piece you found - that is quite the treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your yard is so pretty! I bet it's nice to be able to go outside in the shade during the hot months. Our back yard gets full sun most of the day, but our front yard is shady up under the mature trees at the top of the hill. I love your cute globe collection too. I remember having a globe bank like you shared when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog, and I like it a lot :0)
    Love from Lone in Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really are a wonderful combination of energy and creativity, Linda.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your entryway and globe collection! So fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the small globes! Thank you for the shoutout!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. I pinned the grocery sign because I luvs it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your yard looks so heavenly Linda. I can see why you love to spend time out there.
    Have a great week end.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Linda, I love how you decorated with maps and globes! What a great find on the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice Find with the quilt block! Your yard looks so pretty! Maps are so fun! If I ever get to it I have ideas and I also wanted to play with painting signs like you did, yours turned out really well! How do you find time to do all of this neat stuff! I'm so envious! :) I found a really old pull down map of Great Britain in AZ for 5 bucks but it's so shabby and ready to fall apart but it is so cool looking, I need to figure out how to preserve it so it can be displayed on a wall! Nice post that has me inspired to DO something creative!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Linda ,,,ii love your house an you blog ,, you have a new follower
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!