COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Little Fall This and That...

There's so many things I'm loving for fall right now, that I thought I'd have a little "this and that" post to share them with you!   
I recently added a little something to the hutch in our sunporch...a couple of wonderful owl prints!  They were shared by Angie over at Knick of Time.  She is always sharing wonderful printables 
and these are no exception! 



My home is smelling wonderful these days! I use a candle warmer lamp, and have been enjoying spice scents, and this wonderful Vanilla Cupcake Yankee Candle, that I won in an instagram giveaway from oh-so-creative Debbie, from DebbieDoo's.  Smells like I've been baking all day...and it gives such a lovely glow, too.

By the way...if you are on Instagram,  I'd love to have you stop by my instagram... 
 I enjoy sharing photos from everyday life that I don't post here.


I've been enjoying a course I am taking right now, too.  It's called The Art Of Home over at Jeanne Oliver Designs.  It's a four week, do-at-your-own-pace class about making a home and modern simple living.   I was lucky enough to win the course in a giveaway from kind Alice over at  Thoughts From Alice. I enjoy the courses from Jeanne and friends, and will soon be starting a Creative Hand Lettering course there, too!


I don't share a lot of recipes on the blog, but a couple of years ago, I shared one for Pumpkin Custard.  This is one of our family favorites and has replaced pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.  If you haven't tried it...it is oh-so-good!


A big thank you to Angie, Debbie, Jeanne, and Alice.  
There is so much creativity and generosity out in blogland!

Until next time...

18 comments

  1. The owl prints looks so adorable in front of the beautiful plates on your hutch! You'll have to let me know how you like the hand lettering course, because that one interests me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about candle warmer lamps, but now I think I need one! Thanks for sharing your instagram account. Love your style, I'm following you there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that YUMMY pumpkin dessert and will make some soon!!! I haven't gotten into instagram, yet...Perfect night to have a yummy candle burning.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those owl prints, Linda, and they look great on your wonderful cupboard shelves! Have fun with your course, it sounds really interesting. The recipe looks so good.....x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm imagining your home filled with the smell of the vanilla cupcake candle burning and the pumpkin custard baking in the oven :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm having my coffee with you this morning. I feel cheated because I don't have any pumpkin custard and almost hate to admit I don't know how a candle warmer works. I mean I know how it works, but it can be used on regular candles instead of lighting them with the wick?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda- Finally back to visiting here and blogging again! Sounds like Fall has settled in at your house. I am digging out fall things this afternoon. It has been a crazy time around here. Love Yankee Candle and I always burn Home Sweet Home this time of year- it, too, smells like you are baking. Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give me pumpkin, anything and everything, everywhere, anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need one of those candle warmer lamps and I am definitely going to try your pumpkin custard recipe. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The owl prints are so pretty and a lovely addition to the fall decor in your house. I've heard a lot about Jeanne Oliver...you'll have to let us know how you liked the class and what you did and learned. Your pumpkin custard looks SO good - I love creamy desserts like that! I have it pinned so I can remember to make it this fall. I don't have any custard or ramekin dishes though (and I don't want to buy any since I rarely make this kind of dessert). I wonder if I could put the entire recipe in one big baking dish instead?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pretty cabinet shelves. I bet the candle smells so good too. Happy Fall.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, that pumpkin custard looks sooooo good, Linda! I'm going to click on the link and get the recipe.

    I just got a warmer a few months ago at Yankee Candle but I need to replace all my Summer beach scents with some Fall ones. I guess I'm heading to the outlet or the mall this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The custard looks so yummy! I love all the warm scents of Fall too. Your display with the owl prints is gorgeous! Your world there looks so cozy and welcoming. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, your displays are charming and I would love to try that custard ~ yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great pieces, and your pumpkin custard looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your china hutch display...the dishes are so pretty and the owl prints make them even more noticeable! I will have to try making your pumpkin custard and see if it rivals Hubby's!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on your on-line class, Linda! You've been a lucky girl! Your pumpkin custard looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg that pumpkin sounds and looks devine!!!! especially with that little extra ;)

    Never heard of a candle warming light..... I love candles and especially scented ones, I'm off to investigate right now!!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!